Everyone as an artist or designer experiences a creative block every now and then. Whether it’s figuring out what you want to make or create next or how to take a simple idea and make it something amazing. Everyone has their different ways to go about it personally I have a few ways to keep my creativity rollin:
- A Sketch Book– I cannot stress this enough, a sketch book is my savior when I’m having a creative block. Just sit down and jot down whatever comes to mind. Whether that’s a little character or a new invention, it will start a snowball affect and keep the ideas coming in.
- Nature – Go sit outside. Don’t take your phone, your laptop, nothing that can distract you, sit there and enjoy it, you’re bound to get some type of inspiration from nature.
- Cartoons– You will not believe how much cartoons can help with your creativity, it takes you away from real world problems, and the worries of the world to surround you in fun irrational animation.
- Puzzel Games/Apps – To be creative you need to be strong mentally, puzzles give you a problem and asks you to give a solution. Challenge yourself!
- Lastly, Return to your Childhood– Saving the best for last because this is ultimately what makes all artist and designers great. As a child things are simple, there’s no stress, no real world problems, etc. It’s about being carefree, having no boundaries, take something you got joy out of as a child and go with it. When you work don’t be afraid to think outside of the box, be inspired by children and the things they love and do.
Whichever you choose don’t let a little creative block hold you back. If none of these interest you, tell us how you choose to stay creative, who knows maybe you might inspire someone else!
The world is your canvas, go out and create.
Here’s some extra ways to stay creative: http://tinasheonline.com/2012/01/29-ways-to-stay-creative/